Niki from ProCosmediq is our resident Medical Tattooist. Niki is renowned for creating the 3D illusion of a protruding nipple & the shading technique of the Areola to make them look realistic and natural from all different viewing angles.
We are excited to have had the opportunity to ask Niki a few questions about the Medical Tattoo process….
1. Starting off as a Cosmetic Tattooist, what drew you to expand your skills to Medical Tattoos?
It was a combination of wanting to expand my artistic & creative skills as well as my drive to elevate & support individuals. I just knew there was so much more I could do with my tattoo machine beyond cosmetic tattoos.
2. What type of services do you offer?
ProCosmediq has two tattoo components; Medical tattoos which are services such as 3D Nipple/Areola Tattoos, Dry Needling, Scar Camouflage, Hairline Tattoo etc as well as Cosmetic Tattoos which includes Eyebrow, Lip, Eyeliner tattoos
3. 3D - how and why did you create your signature design
How - practice practice practice. I also attended art classes so that I could learn new techniques
Why - so that I am able to restore confidence in people so they can feel like themselves after trauma. Being able to visualise something on themselves that they never thought they could see again.
4. At what stage of the persons recovery do you work your magic?
Once I have a clearance from the surgeon then I am able to begin the tattoo process
5. How many sessions are generally required for nipple /areola recreation
Generally, it is two appointments.
6. What’s the pain level for your client and is there something they can do to alleviate that?
Anaesthetic gel is available upon request, however, in most cases, no anaesthetic gel is required during the treatment. My clients are often surprised by how comfortable they feel during the treatment.
7. What’s the most common reaction after the procedure?
The most common reaction is ‘Wow, I just can’t believe it - I feel whole again’.
I have also shared many happy tears and seen lots of smiles - I love their reactions. It’s the highlight of my day!
8. What excites you about working from Chris O’Brien Lifehouse?
Working with A/Prof Sanjay Warrier & his affiliates is so rewarding. I am surrounded by an abundance of professionals who strive on a daily basis to make a positive difference in someone’s life. I am excited to keep learning & growing & most importantly, meeting more amazing individuals!
To see Niki’s portfolio, you can visit her website www.procosmediq.com.au